index braille embosser

Hello,

Debian buster amd64, index basic D embosser with 12.2.0 firmware.

I am having an issue with paper size and margins.

The embosser is recognized by cupps which correctly identified it's version.

The first side of the first page works although the embossing begins at the very top edge, ignoring the top margin.

The embossing ends half way down the second side of the page.

All I can find in the cupps log is lots of the following:-

Unrecognized control character in .brf file.

If any one has managed to get this combination working, would appreciate some pointers.

Thanks and regards

Keith