Re: Emacspeak 44 In Debian

Hi Raman,

On 22-05-16 21:54, raman wrote:
> The end-state we need to achieve with the package:
>
> 1. User on an out-of-the-box setup gets Emacs up and talking with
> Espeak -- no questions asked.

Just to be clear, you mean after installing the emacspeak package, not
after installing emacs, right?

> 2. This gives a user a setup that talks, that setup can then be used to
> set up other servers etc -- the only one that really makes sense today
> is the outloud server, for which the user would purchase a license from
> voxin, get the associated package, and install it -- the setup from (1)
> should be adequate to let the user do this independently.

So, after installing emacspeak (with recommends), we want emacs to be
start emacspeak automatically, right?

> 3. All of (1), (2) is mostly a bootstrap mechanism --- someone using
> Emacspeak for real is expected to add in the necessary bits into their
> personal emacs set up anyway.

Then I am not sure if I understand what you mean here. Do you mean that
they should need further configuration which can't be helped by the
emacspeak package? Are you familiar with dpkg-reconfigure? When a person
has purchased a commercial server, would the installation procedure of
that package setup the required bits? Couldn't dpkg-reconfigure
emacspeak do the right thing?

Paul