Re: Re : Re: Virtual Braille terminal? Brltty and lightdm

On 04/21/2015 09:50 AM, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Joanmarie Diggs, le Tue 21 Apr 2015 09:17:30 -0400, a écrit :
>>> I don't know why they dropped it from the preference dialog, it's
>>> probably worth raising the need to the Orca team.
>>
>> It was dropped deliberately because the Orca preferences dialog is for
>> options for users; not debugging tools for sighted developers. :)
>
> But what about random developers who just want to check the
> accessibility of their application?  Are they really supposed to dive
> into Orca's config files?

No. They should use the command-line option for one time only use. If
they always need it, they should put it in their orca-customizations.py
which exists for things like that. Once I complete the gsettings work,
they can also enabled it via dconf-editor.

And you can, of course, add it downstream if you feel it is that
essential for your developers.

--joanie