Re: Re : Re: Virtual Braille terminal? Brltty and lightdm

On 04/21/2015 08:17 AM, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> MENGUAL Jean-Philippe, le Tue 21 Apr 2015 14:14:06 +0200, a écrit :
>>> You can either
>>>
>>> - enable the braille monitor in Orca
>>
>> How do you do that? this feature seems not exist anymore in my preferences dialog
>
> The option is still there in .local/share/orca/user-settings.conf,
> enableBrailleMonitor

And you can even enable it at the command line:
orca --enable braille-monitor

Or put it in your orca-customizations.py. You really don't want to edit
user-settings.conf.

> I don't know why they dropped it from the preference dialog, it's
> probably worth raising the need to the Orca team.

It was dropped deliberately because the Orca preferences dialog is for
options for users; not debugging tools for sighted developers. :)

--joanie