Re: LibreOffice not perfectly usable

Le 24/08/2014 04:12, Jason White a écrit :
MENGUAL Jean-Philippe <mengualjeanphi@free.fr> wrote:
1st, I remember the facts: on Debian testing with MATE, orca 3.12,
LibreOffice Writer 4.3, I try:
1. File -> Open, tab until File type combo box, arrow key to make it scroll.
It doesn't work. To see the following item of the box, I need to do tab,
shift-tab. In combo boxes such as Format -> Characters, I don't have this.
I think the file selection dialogue may be a GNOME component rather than a
LIbreOffice one, but I'm not sure.

Right, except if you check the checkbox "Use Open/Save LibreOffice dialogs". Then, the dialogs are LO-specific and don't use the gnome ones. These encounter bug.

2. When I create a table, Orca doesn't tell me the cell coordinates.
Instead, it gives me the whole line (e.g. A1, A2), regardless the cell where
I am actually.

>From memory, there's an Orca command to change this behaviour.

True. But even if it's changed into Orca settings, the behaviour stays like I describe. It's the problem.

Also, there were changes made to improve the accessibility support for ATK and
AT-SPI in LibreOffice during the development of version 4.3. It is possible
that Orca 3.12 doesn't yet support those changes.

I hope so 3.14 will and will be packaged in Debian before freeze.

I would suggest raising this on the Orca list rather than on a Debian list, as
you will find much greater expertise there, including people who know what
bugs have been fixed and whether associated changes are needed in Orca.
Right. I write here to document. But the issue is reported to orca and libreoffice mate. I'm waiting for feedbacks thanks to the debug file I provided through the sprunge link.

Regards,

--

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL

accelibreinfo, votre partenaire en informatique adaptée aux déficients visuels

Mail: texou@accelibreinfo.eu

Site Web: http://www.accelibreinfo.eu