Re: LibreOffice not perfectly usable

MENGUAL Jean-Philippe <mengualjeanphi@free.fr> wrote:

> 1st, I remember the facts: on Debian testing with MATE, orca 3.12,
> LibreOffice Writer 4.3, I try:
> 1. File -> Open, tab until File type combo box, arrow key to make it scroll.
> It doesn't work. To see the following item of the box, I need to do tab,
> shift-tab. In combo boxes such as Format -> Characters, I don't have this.

I think the file selection dialogue may be a GNOME component rather than a
LIbreOffice one, but I'm not sure.
> 2. When I create a table, Orca doesn't tell me the cell coordinates.
> Instead, it gives me the whole line (e.g. A1, A2), regardless the cell where
> I am actually.
>

>From memory, there's an Orca command to change this behaviour.

Also, there were changes made to improve the accessibility support for ATK and
AT-SPI in LibreOffice during the development of version 4.3. It is possible
that Orca 3.12 doesn't yet support those changes.

I would suggest raising this on the Orca list rather than on a Debian list, as
you will find much greater expertise there, including people who know what
bugs have been fixed and whether associated changes are needed in Orca.