Re: Debian Installer 7.0 RC2 release

Jude DaShiell, le Thu 02 May 2013 06:49:24 -0400, a écrit :
> Probably too complex to do, but if a pc speaker isn't available could a
> beep be redirected to a machine's default sound card?

Too complex to do with the tools we are using indeed. ATM the Debian CD
uses syslinux, which does not have sound drivers. At some point we might
switch to grub (just like kfreebsd and hurd), and phcoder told me sound
drivers were on the TODO list, even if not particularly at the top, he
considers the accessibility concern as making it a potential priority.
We were even thinking about pre-synthesizing boot menu entries and thus
being able to speak them.