Re: Debian Installer 7.0 RC2 release

Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@shellworld.net> wrote:
> There was no beep when I installed rc2 either, just wait until the disk
> stops spinning and hit s and enter and you should be good to go.  The
> beep comes and goes through versioning changes.

This doesn't help, unfortunately, if the USB drive referred to turns out to be
a flash memory device, which obviously doesn't spin.

If the UEFI or BIOS in the machine doesn't beep, it's even worse.

There is a real need for accessibility at the firmware level. Most systems
lack support for IPMI or serial console.