Re: Debian Installer 7.0 RC2 release

Hi,

I think I am having bigger problems than just the release.

I have a Lenovo idea pad u310
Dual booting windows seven and vinux 3.2 which is based on ubuntu 11.04.
Both OS are amd64 and run alright.

Now I want to replace ubuntu with debian.

I downloaded the first dvd of rc2 and in ubuntu have written the iso to usb drive in several ways:
dd if=isofile of=/dev/sdc
dd if=isofile of=/dev/sdc bs=1M
cat isofile > /dev/sdc
cp isofile /dev/sdc

All of these work fine and I can see all the contents of the dvd on the usb drive under linux. The USB does not boot or I assume it doesn't because there is no beep sound. Note that beep works normally with the grub installed that is dual booting windows and linux so I know beep works.

In windows, I only see a folder named efi and in that folder boot and there boot.efi. No other files are visible in windows on the usb drive.

In linux I have used fdisk -l to check the partitions on the drive, it says the drive has a gpt so I used gdisk, gdisk says the mbr is ok, but the gpt is invalid, not sure if that means something.

I have also tried the netinst iso file in similar way.
So, I guess it must be this drive or hardware I have...

Any ideas?
David