Re: Gnome-orca throwing python errors

Daniel Dalton <d.dalton@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Sure. It's something I'll consider when I have more time.

Excellent.

> I can't seem to find any packages called gnome-shell in experimental...

It's in Sid now, i.e., unstable. The version is 3.4.1-5 currently.

> Failing this, is there an easy way to disable gnome-shell? I thought I
> had disabled it, but it seems to be back. :(

There's a way to force Gnome 3 into fallback mode, but I don't know how
accessible it is even if you do it successfully.

Also, the keyboard operations in Gnome 3 are different from those of Gnome 2.
https://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/CheatSheet