Re: Gnome-orca throwing python errors

On Mon, Jun 04, 2012 at 09:44:16AM +1000, Jason White wrote:
> this suggests your at-spi2 isn't properly installed. Have a look at
> ~/.xsession-errors to see if the desktop tries to load it, and if so, why it
> fails.

Yes, your right that is the problem. Thanks very much! A reinstall of
atspi2-core did the fix.

> > However, I need my source version of brltty still because it supports
> > executable tables, which the debian version does not.
>
> the better solution is to update and rebuild the Debian BRLTTY package
> yourself with the version you want to install - it will save you from these
> dependency issues and make it easier to remove prior versions cleanly.

Probably, but it's a bit of trouble every time I need to rebuild.

The easiest solution for now seemed to be installing brltty to a custom
directory as described in the manual, and now everything seems to be
working.

I now have one last problem, orca seems to just say "inaccessible" for
iceweasel/firefox. Other applications like openoffice.org work.

Also, initially I could not access any of the gnome menus, but I can
now. Does this mean I've successfully disabled gnome-shell? I've read
about how inaccessible it is and now seen it first hand :)

Thanks for your help,
Dan