Re: Gnome-orca throwing python errors

Daniel Dalton <d.dalton@iinet.net.au> wrote:
> It looks like it could be -- when I uninstall brltty source version
> orca, gets a little bit further, but I now get this error:
>

> ** (orca:27557): WARNING **: Error retrieving accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files
>
> ** (orca:27557): WARNING **: Error retrieving accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files
>
> ** (orca:27557): ERROR **: AT-SPI: COuldn't connect to accessibility bus. Is at-spi-bus-launcher running?
> Trace/breakpoint trap

this suggests your at-spi2 isn't properly installed. Have a look at
~/.xsession-errors to see if the desktop tries to load it, and if so, why it
fails.

> However, I need my source version of brltty still because it supports
> executable tables, which the debian version does not.

the better solution is to update and rebuild the Debian BRLTTY package
yourself with the version you want to install - it will save you from these
dependency issues and make it easier to remove prior versions cleanly.