Re: booting the installation squeeze CD or DVD with the GTK installer

Nick Gawronski, le Mon 10 Jan 2011 17:06:27 -0700, a écrit :
> Hi, I downloaded the weekly builds of the DVD and CD iso images from
> http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer

Ok, so no wonder that you didn't get the beep, as weekly builds aren't
official images, they're just test images.

> do you know of an image build either testing or beta that is known to work that I could try?

The beta2 is known to work. If it doesn't for you, it means there's some
bug in your case which we need to find out.

> once the image or the disc is mounted how can I tell what packages are
> on it

Err, well, just browse the disk, it's all in /pool/main

> For a basic installation with the web server, ssh server mail server
> and dns server will the first disc be all that I need?

I don't know.