Re: booting the installation squeeze CD or DVD with the GTK installer

Hi, Reading those two documents it sounded like you had to press down errow to get to the graphical installer but was not totally clear on this point so I think there needs to be some improovment in the exact process on how to get to the installer from the boot menu as the letter choices are not shown in the documentation either. Also, the DVD iso image beeped but not the CD iso image or the mini GTK image and when viewing the menu.cfg file with cat it did beep on the DVD image but not on the CD or GTK mini iso image. Also, I tried hitting escape and typing installgui and the speakup options but nothing worked at all. More keyboard commands need to be added to the documentation for the boot menu as I could not follow the directions I tried hitting down errow then tab then typing in the commands then rebooted and tried down errow once then tab then space then commands. When that did not work I tried doing the same but instead using escape and typing in everything on one line then the tab stuff. I noticed that when going into text mode my screen made a clicking sound when I pressed escape so that was a helpful signal. I could not get any speech on either CD or DVD one no matter what I tried but the mini GTK worked but no beep on it or the CD iso image but beep on the DVD iso image. These were freshly downloaded and burned. Any ideas? Nick Gawronski ----- Original Message ----- From: "Samuel Thibault" <sthibault@debian.org>
To: <debian-accessibility@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Sunday, January 09, 2011 3:17 PM
Subject: Re: booting the installation squeeze CD or DVD with the GTK installer

Nick Gawronski, le Sun 09 Jan 2011 14:56:40 -0700, a écrit :
Hi, Yes I know about the mini iso with the GTK installer but would like to know once the boot prompt appears on either the first CD and or DVD how do I start the installation with speech what keys do I press to get to where to type in
the speakup synthisizer keyword?

See the installer documentation:

http://www.debian.org/releases/squeeze/i386/ch05s02.html

and

http://www.debian.org/releases/squeeze/i386/ch05s01.html#boot-screen

Also, is there a way to find out what is on a
DVD or CD mainly what packages or tasks for the installer so I know in advance
how many DVD's to create?

You can mount the iso images if you have downloaded them already, or get
the jigdo files, which are actually just a gzipped list of files.