Re: Orca update

Hi,

Le mercredi 20 juillet 2011 à 11:26 +0200, Mario Lang a écrit :
> Jean-Philippe MENGUAL <mengualjeanphi@free.fr> writes:
>

> > - updating experimental package to 3.1.3, current latest release.
>
> The problem is not orca, but at-spi2.

ok but orca 3.1.3 seems to behave properly with at-spi1. So, without pushing 2.91 to sid, we could maybe update experimental release from 2.91 to 3.1.3. Without changing accessibility of GUI (since we go on with at-spi1), we could see if orca has some imprrvements, and study the application itself, waiting for at-spi2. Is updating orca impossible waiting for at-spi2? Are they fully dependent? Anyway orca3 seems to accept at-spi1 at build time.

> Samuel and I will meet in person at debcon11 in Banja Luka (next week).
> I hope that we will find the time to do some work on the at-spi2 front.

Ok. As I don't know perfectly the situation, I feel that orca and at-spi2 are two different problems, and that we can update orca without updating at-spi, that allow not to compromise the GUI accessibility stability. That's why I think we can update orca, independently from the at-spi question.
But right, I don't know well how GUI accessibility works. So maybe orca and at-spi releases are dependent to work. Again, at build time, orca3 accepts at-spi1, and I guess we have anyway its internal improvements. at-spi2 question comes for other problems such as gnome3. But not for improvements of orca (well it's the way I understand things).

Thanks to explain me if I do a mistake or don't understand anything, :)

Regards,

> --
> CYa,
>   ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕