Re: Make syslinux beep?

Hello,

Gaijin, le Sun 20 Jul 2008 14:13:42 -0700, a écrit :
> On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 03:39:27PM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > That's already in since a long time: just put ^G characters in the menu
> > entries.  You can also use the print command to beep just once.
>
> I gathered all that, and please don't take offense for my thinking of it
> as just a 'quick-n-dirty hack,'

Yes it is, because grub1 is feature-freezed.  Grub2 has fancy beep
support, and supporting speech is just a matter of writing the support,
as usual.

> Picture this:

Errr, what you describe is something to happen during debian
installation, isn't it?  Please do not mix discussions, as it becomes
hard to follow :)

Yes, that's a sort of thing we could want to do in the future.  Again,
it just "needs to be done", yet another thing on the TODO list...