Re: [orca-list] Installing Debian on the EEE PC

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 09:39:14AM +0200, Willem van der Walt wrote:
> The Eee_pc has a card reader from which you can also boot, so, if you have
> a cardreader, you can install on another pc onto the sd card and then just
> boot from that.
> I do not know about debian, but ubuntu has the correct ethernet driver at
> least from 7.10.

Different models of the EEEPC have different hardware.

The one I'm potentially interested in is the EEE-PC 1000 (the Linux version
with the 40gb flash storage). I would be interested to know how well Orca
performs on this hardware, especially under Debian.

It has a 1.5ghz x86 processor, and they're available with 1gb of RAM, which is
what I would choose these days as a minimum.