Re: Console Access with Speech, Even During Install?

Kenny Hitt wrote:
you will have to remove something from the disk to make room.
Ah, now I see what you mean. This reminds me of trying to fit software on DOS boot floppies. Would disk compression as in Knoppix help? And I remember reading somewhere that you can actually fit 1.72 MB on a 1.4 MB floppy by specially reformatting it.

Since speakup uses speech-dispatcher to
talk to software synths, you will still have the overhead
Could someone on the speakup team make a tiny version of it optimized for softsynths, then. In stead of using speech dispatcher, it would talk to a particular soft synth directly. This is just a possibility that came to mind, I don't know much about the technical side of Linux yet.

called tux-talk that will work directly with speakup.
Even though this is not ready yet, can I already listen to samples of it somewhere?

By the way, could the tiny soft synth called Say work with Speakup on boot floppies? I know next to nothing about it and have not even found the homepage yet. THe only reference I saw was on the Jos Lemmens home page at:

http://www.euronet.nl/~acj/index.html

--
With kind regards Veli-Pekka Tätilä (vtatila@mail.student.oulu.fi)
Accessibility, game music, synthesizers and more: