Re: X Accessibility

"Veli-Pekka Tatila" <vtatila@mail.student.oulu.fi> writes:

> Kenny Hitt wrote:
>> Zinf uses GTK, but it still isn't
>> accessible.
> Umm if I'm reading this correctly, does this imply that all GTK1 apps
> are automagically inaccessible and GTK2 apps accessible,

Yes, that is correct.  GTK1 is not accessible, but GTK2 adds
accessibility to most of the default widgets, and has a framework (ATK) for
application programmers to make custom GTK2 widgets accessible too (by
providing the accessibility information whereever needed.)

> respectively. Might a GTK1 to GTK2 wrapper solve this problem cleanly?

I am not sure if such a wrapper really exists.  It might help in some cases,
but in the long run, its probably much better to patch the app in question
to use GTK2 instead.

> Also, I've read about a project that uses QT to render GTK widgets. If
> this process is nearly symmetric, I suppose it would be relatively
> easy to do it the other way round, that is mapping QT to GTK
> widgets.

In my book, its TollTechs responsibility to make Qt accessible from
the grounds up, we shouldn't bend tail over head to get accessible
Qt apps.  That should only add to the competition of desktops IMO.

--
CYa,
  Mario