Re: Festival with Gnopernicus to quick

Am Dienstag, 2. März 2004 14.11 schrieb Mario Lang:

Salve again

[snip]

> > Fortunately it's not the only solution. See the link of Gilles (btw: Nice
> > to see you here, Gilles and thanks of course ;-):
> > http://www.cstr.ed.ac.uk/cgi-bin/lists.cgi?config=festival_faq&entry=arun
> >ning_festival/speed.html
>
> Ahh, great, I should have thought about this one, given
> the high level of configurability offered by festival.

;-)

> > For documentation or archive purposes here the solution:
> > Put the following two lines into /etc/festival.scm
> > (Parameter.set 'Audio_Method 'Audio_Command)
> > (Parameter.set 'Audio_Command "sox -t raw -sw -r $SR $FILE -c2 -t
> > ossdsp /dev/dsp")
> > and then restart festival with:
> > /etc/init.d/festival
> >
> > This is perhaps something for the README.Debian of the gnopernicus
> > package or better for festival?
>
> Definitely festival.  Are you going to file a wishlist bug (+patch)
> or should I?

Can you do it. I don't know (yet) the Debian BTS.

> > I think this is rather a common behavior because I've got here atm three
> > PCs (2 PCs and a laptop). One works (Debian woody and soundcard Creative
> > Audigy) and two doesn't work (Laptop: Debian sarge and soundcard i810 or
> > something - 2nd PC: Debian sarge and soundcard C-Media PCI (CMI8338/8738)
> > onboard).
>
> I knew that the i810 onboard card has this problem.  It is
> also common to some laptop brands.  However, not being able to playback
> odd sampling rates is still a very bad thing for a soundcard
> to do, since digital resampling is not very nice.
> My laptop for instance (JVC MP-XP7250DE) had a Trident card, which
> does nicely work with odd sampling rating, and also supports
> multichannel operations.
> I'd still try and get a decent soundchip if possible.
> In the case of festival, it's not that hard to fix, but
> if you're going to use commercial synths at some point
> (e.g. DECtalk or ViaVoice), you'll probably have a hard
> time getting software-resampling to work.

That doesn't sounds good because I'm interested in DECTalk together with
Gnopernicus. Is there (beneath the soundcard problem) an easy way to
configure Debians Gnopernicus with DECTalk?

Another question:
ATM I know that gedit works good with Gnopernicus and Nautilus too. Do you
know a good IDE (perhaps Eclipse) and a terminal (which speaks the command
output too) for the work together with Gnopernicus (the speech part)?

> --
> CYa,
>   Mario | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>

griits