Festival with Gnopernicus to quick

Hello and goog morning

ATM I test Gnopernicus with Festival for a visually impaired friend.
I use Debian testing on different machines but on each of them the festival
voices speak to quick. I think approx. twice as quick as normal.

Do you have got an idea why this is so and how I can set it to a normal speed?

Thx for possible answers.

Greets from Switzerland
Mario

PS: Thanks Mario for your work on Gnopernicus (and others) on Debian.
PPS: Mario: Do you know when you can package newer Gnopernicus versions
(0.7.5)?