Re: Status of Gnopernicus in Sid?

On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 13:50, Mario Lang wrote:
> Colin Walters <walters@debian.org> writes:
>
> > On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 09:30, Mario Lang wrote:
> >
> >> This is not really a bug, but a feature :-).  Blinkies usually
> >> work with speech at that rate.  Everything below is a pain to work with.
> >> I agree though that this should be somehow configurable in Gnopernicus, didn't
> >> find such a setting yet.
> >
> > Interesting.  What are blinkies?  I tried a google search but it was
> > rather uninformative :)
>
> Sorry, I was refering to "blind users" :-)

Ahh, ok.  Wow, I wouldn't have imagined anyone understanding speech this
fast.

> Yes, which brings up another question which I'm unsure about:  How to
> handle this configuration setting?

This is actually being discussed on desktop-devel-list@gnome.org right
now.  From what I understand GNOME 2.4 will have the accessibility stuff
much more tightly integrated.

>  It seems like it is a global
> setting?  Or does this need to be turned on per user?

GConf is per-user, yes, but we could make the default be on.  This is
probably something upstream will be fixing soonish though.

> debian/rocks, doesn't it :-).  OK, I guess I'll take it then, thanks a bundle
> for all the work you invested so far.

Cool, good luck!