Re: Debian Academy BoF in DebConf22

On 28/07/2022 01:17, gregor herrmann wrote:
On Wed, 27 Jul 2022 19:55:23 +0200, jathan wrote:

On 27/07/2022 19:33, Dashamir Hoxha wrote:
It should also be possible to get resources from the Debian
infrastructure. I think that Jathan is already trying to contact the
sysadmin team about this.
I have found that the Debian Project do not provide infrastructure
hosting, so we will need the help of Mitja if it is possible with the
approval of his institute,

There's also https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianNet

(As a side note, I still think that the Debian Academy project first
needs a concept and only later technical infratstructure.)

Cheers,
gregor

I agree here, however I did get the impression from before that we are not here to teach command line basics, but we were going to have a section on Debian package building, contributing to the Debian project(s), and how to get involved.

So the Debian project needs help generally, how can we help potential contributors to help us, without putting entry barriers up or perceived entry barriers up.

Paul

Paul Sutton, Cert Cont Sci (Open)
https://personaljournal.ca/paulsutton/