Re: Dropping old fdisk utilities

On 09/25/2017 10:07 AM, Finn Thain wrote:
I started fixing some of the issues yesterday and I already created 16
small patches out of it [2].

Don't put yourself down as maintainer if you don't want the job.
https://github.com/glaubitz/mac-fdisk-debian/commit/34d896fac2abf8d11d65a728ad4693e1509f8e7e
https://github.com/glaubitz/mac-fdisk-debian/commit/3da39432b51b75eb180d61e19f90e3bb26a0de1b

It's ok. I am maintaining this now. One package more or less doesn't really
make a difference. I want to make sure it adheres to the Debian packaging
guidelines.

I will upload the fixed version later, but the package still needs a lot
of work. As I said, the packaging format is wrong and all local changes
need to be extracted as separate patches. Plus, the upstream code needs
lots of fixing as the compiler generates many warnings during the build,
so many that it isn't really acceptable for something that is supposed
to be a low-level disk tool.

It would be great if you could create bug tracker entries for these 3
issues. That way, everyone is on the same page, and interested parties can
collaborate.

The warnings should be addressed upstream. I will clean up the rest of the
package myself once it has been accepted into unstable. If there is no
upstream left, I suggest someone adopts the package as upstream, incorporates
all of Michael's changes and releases a 0.2 version of the package.

The first step to a clean Debian package would be to get a clean upstream
source.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz