Re: Fwd: Re: Debian on mac68k

On Mon, 30 May 2016, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

> Well, yes, ADB support is currently broken as you have heard. So, either
> you look into fixing it yourself or you install a much older version
> of Debian. I don't think you can anyone else to jump in right now and
> fix the driver for you.

I have a suspicion that the ADB driver for the Cuda chip could perhaps be
coerced into working with the Egret chip too. But the changes are probably
non-trivial and there's precious little public documentation about these
chips.

> > Perhaps there is an older kernel that can use your chroot, but still
> > has (unstable?) ADB keyboard support?
>
> I don't know when ADB support broke.

If the Egret driver ever worked, it would most likely have been Linux 2.2
(Debian 3.1). That is, before drivers/macintosh/via-maciisi.c came into
existence, back when the driver was known as arch/m68k/mac/adb-bus.c