Re: Debian on mac68k

Hello,

I was able to boot the 4.1.20-mac-scsi+ kernel

Now the hen/egg problem comes up. The Mac boots up, and i can only look
at the screen and wait for it to enter screensaving mode.

> On 05/30/2016 03:05 AM, Finn Thain wrote:
>> Without ADB, you will need a network login service (e.g. sshd) and/or
>> serial console. The getty on /dev/ttyS0 or /dev/ttyS1 used to be
>> configured in /etc/inittab, but I never tried that with systemd.

I can't login via serial, nor telnetd or sshd because none is configured.

> Am 30.05.2016 um 08:26 schrieb John Paul Adrian Glaubitz:
> Just pass "console=ttyS0,19200,8n1" on the console and you're set.
>
> There is no special requirement to get the serial console work with
> systemd, it's just configured as read-only by default, e.g. you
> just get the boot messages. But just passing the above parameters
> will spawn a login shell on ttyS0.

How can i do that without keyboard? I have a PC with Linux and RS232 as
well as a cable to connect to modem jack of the Mac.
The Mac is also connected to Ethernet as well as my PC.