Re: questionable use of qemu-m68k for building

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz dixit:
>On 12/06/2015 04:52 PM, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
>> John Paul Adrian Glaubitz dixit:
>>
>>> And it's not that Aranym doesn't have it's own problem. I'm still seeing
>>> the issues with kswapd consuming over 50% CPU time from time to time
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>> slowing down the emulated machine quite notably.
>>
>> Someone told me on SO the other day that he had this bug on
>> an amd64 system, so it’s neither ARAnyM- nor m68k-specific.
>
>You are right. We should all stop using amd64 machines now and
>TFT displays, SSDs and anything else that was invented in the
>past 20 years.

Ähm, I was *specifically* commenting on the kswapd bug. I wonder
what words you lie into my mouth.

Even Andreas (whose message I read too late) said it was a known
kernel bug (can it be fixed, pretty please?).

>for example, tells me that I am right and you are wrong:

I did not wish to make this a matter of right or wrong, but I
cannot help but throw an argument into this particular pot:

Would you choose speed over consistency?

I think that’s one of the major cultural differences between
Linux and BSD people (and, incidentally, MySQL users and
database users).

So even the right vs. wrong is subjective here.

But, by all means: you’re doing the work, and I have been
trying to reduce my involvement in Debian/m68k (as I’ve
brought it to a state which solved my initial problems,
and I’ve got other things to do, and I never meant to
stay infinitely), so, from the doöcracy PoV, you’re right
(merely by doing things, mind you).

bye,
//mirabilos
--
“The final straw, to be honest, was probably my amazement at the volume of
petty, peevish whingeing certain of your peers are prone to dish out on