Re: [Debian-ports-devel] Using incoming.debian.org on buildds

Christian T. Steigies dixit:

>about CNAME. How are your buildds handling email, you have no problems like
>that (static IPs, proper MX records?)?

The buildd has *no* external IP at all, but an MX RR pointing to
a server with static IP (as a general rule, any server listed in
any MX RR *SHOULD NOT* have a dynamic IP anyway):

tg@blau:~ $ host -va ara5.mirbsd.org
Query about ara5.mirbsd.org for record types ANY
Trying ara5.mirbsd.org ...
Query done, 1 answer, status: no error
The following answer is not authoritative:
ara5.mirbsd.org         51668   IN      MX      10 zigo.mirbsd.org
tg@blau:~ $ host -va zigo.mirbsd.org
Query about zigo.mirbsd.org for record types ANY
Trying zigo.mirbsd.org ...
Query done, 1 answer, status: no error
The following answer is not authoritative:
zigo.mirbsd.org         51661   IN      A       87.98.215.239

I do not use *any* CNAME RRs in my DNS. Didn’t even do that
when my home ADSL had a dynamic IP. (I just ran my own dyndns
solution, using sixxs’ heartbeat protocol, on my dedicated
server.)

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Sometimes they [people] care too much: pretty printers [and syntax highligh-
ting, d.A.] mechanically produce pretty output that accentuates irrelevant