Re: Current Debian m68k in Amiga

Le 31/08/2015 10:23, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz a écrit :
> Hi Carlos!
>
> Thanks for your efforts and testing vmdebootstrap! This is a very
> useful information!
>
> On 08/29/2015 03:20 PM, Carlos Milán Figueredo wrote:
>> Then I ran:
>>
>> $ vmdebootstrap --foreign=/usr/bin/qemu-m68k-static --arch=m68k --distribution=unstable --mirror ftp://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian --image debm68k.img --no-extlinux --no-use-uefi --enable-dhcp --root-password=root
>>
>> After these mods, it performs stage 1 correctly, but then qemu-m68k crashes when trying to execute the second stage. The error is:
>>
>> qemu: fatal: Illegal instruction: ebc0 @ f67c76bc
>>
>> It happens to be the same issue it is reported here:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qemu-linaro/+bug/1254786
>>
>> In that thread they say qemu emulates a ColdFire MCU rather than a classic Motorola 68k, that could be causing the incompatibility.
>
> Indeed, I completely forgot about that. However, there might be still a
> chance. You could try Laurent Vivier's qemu-NeXT tree which contains
> patches to add generic m68k support to qemu [1].

There is a uclinux Coldfire port:

http://www.uclinux.org/ports/coldfire/

> I don't know how complete the m68k support is so far and how usable this
> is. However, Laurent is also on this list if I remember correctly and
> he might be able to shed more light on this. I'll add him to the list
> of recipients of this mail, in any case.

I've a wiki explaining how to emulate a Quadra 800 with qemu:

https://github.com/vivier/qemu-m68k/wiki#use-q800-vxyz-branch-to-create-quadra-800-virtual-machine

There are some issues with MMU, but it seems aboriginal linux works
correctly:

http://landley.net/aboriginal/

>> Also, I must say I ran qemu inside a Hyper-V virtual machine, that I doubt it affects the process, but it is the only clue I have so I'll try to do the process in a native Linux.
>
> No, this is completely unrelated.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Adrian
>
>> [1] https://github.com/blanham/qemu-NeXT