Re: Current Debian m68k in Amiga

Hi Carlos!

Thanks for your efforts and testing vmdebootstrap! This is a very
useful information!

On 08/29/2015 03:20 PM, Carlos Milán Figueredo wrote:
> Then I ran:
>
> $ vmdebootstrap --foreign=/usr/bin/qemu-m68k-static --arch=m68k --distribution=unstable --mirror ftp://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian --image debm68k.img --no-extlinux --no-use-uefi --enable-dhcp --root-password=root
>
> After these mods, it performs stage 1 correctly, but then qemu-m68k crashes when trying to execute the second stage. The error is:
>
> qemu: fatal: Illegal instruction: ebc0 @ f67c76bc
>
> It happens to be the same issue it is reported here:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qemu-linaro/+bug/1254786
>
> In that thread they say qemu emulates a ColdFire MCU rather than a classic Motorola 68k, that could be causing the incompatibility.

Indeed, I completely forgot about that. However, there might be still a
chance. You could try Laurent Vivier's qemu-NeXT tree which contains
patches to add generic m68k support to qemu [1].

I don't know how complete the m68k support is so far and how usable this
is. However, Laurent is also on this list if I remember correctly and
he might be able to shed more light on this. I'll add him to the list
of recipients of this mail, in any case.

> Also, I must say I ran qemu inside a Hyper-V virtual machine, that I doubt it affects the process, but it is the only clue I have so I'll try to do the process in a native Linux.

No, this is completely unrelated.

Cheers,

Adrian

--