Re: m68k on Amiga 1200

On 07.06.2014 13:53, ALeX Kazik wrote:
Hi there,

I've installed debian on my Amiga 1200 (Blizzard 1230/IV@50MHz + FPU)
using the instructions at:
http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=65146

Basically it worked well but the default kernel did not recognise my
network card at all.

I compiled my own 3.14.5 kernel with support for the network card
(Netgear FA411).

The result is the following message during bootup:

Looking for PCMCIA ethernet card : ethernet PCMCIA card inserted
(unregistered net_device): PCMCIA NE*000 ethercard probe 00:40:f4:23:73:6d
(unregistered net_device): NE2000 found.
But there is no eth0 device (only lo is available).
I've tried to apply the reset + 100MBit patch
(http://www.g-mb.de/pcmcia_e.html) but that does not change it.

Has anyone an idea?
I think one should apply the patch by hand, since it seems to be for a much older kernel... I do not have a 100MBit card so I haven't gotten around to test the patch, but my 10MBit FL-4680 works fine.
The best workaround is to get a 10MBit card.

Additionally linux does not read/write the real time clock of the
A1200 - only my problem or not supported at all?
Do you have an additional RTC in the clockport, or are you referring to the RTC on your accelerator card? At least with the Blizzard 1260 the clock can be read from/written to in approximately half the number of attempts. First off, check that you have Oki MSM6242 support enabled in your kernel, and try booting the system several times.

-Tuomas