Re: Getting the ol' Macintosh LC475 modernized

On Thu, 22 Aug 2013, Scott Holder wrote:

> The problem I'm having now is getting the mouse and keyboard to work.

Issues with ADB devices in X11 on m68k Macs should be no different on
linux-ppc on Old World Macs (i.e. pre-USB). So you could try searching or
asking on a Debian/PPC mailing list, in case someone there uses ADB and
runs Xorg from the unstable archive. Also check the Debian/PPC doco for
powermac info.

> So it looks like I need to figure out a device for the keyboard, and
> perhaps the evdev driver isn't working for ADB mice.

I would send you an xorg.conf but I don't have access to that disk at the
moment.

> I don't seem to have the /dev/input/event* stuff that many other xorg
> config files seem to suggest for using udev properly.

There are kernel modules that need to be loaded for HID and evdev. I don't
recall which ones exactly.

Finn