Re: Relocation of Elgar to FU Berlin

On 06/09/2013 05:51 PM, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
Christian had procured IDE to SCSI adapters years ago - not sure
these are still available for sale anywhere. That would be about the
only option to hook up a large disk via SCSI. (We'd also need to
test and debug the SCSI driver, of course).

They are EXPENSIVE... I can't believe that I paid 100EUR per piece. But
nowadays you want SATA-IDE adapters, they run at about the same price, I
think they were from acard. Sorry, I don't have my bookmarks here, I just
arrived in Thun. And suddenly things don't seem so expensive anymore ;-)
Other IDE options are the CF-IDE (or SD-IDE) converters, remember, the one I
use to resurrect my Falcon? For booting that should work, but of cource not
for chroot storage.

I have a large collection of 36GB SCA [1] hard disks, some of them are
even 72GB. Those were once part of a large Alpha server and could
probably be hooked up to the Amigas with an adapter much cheaper.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz