Re: Relocation of Elgar to FU Berlin

Am 09.06.2013 um 17:51 schrieb "Christian T. Steigies" <cts@debian.org>:

>> Concur - we had a break-in into kullervo or crest at some stage a
>> few years back, and that was through exim. Better make it accept
>> mail from a smarthost only.
> Do we have a smarthost for that? At the moment kullervo can receive email
> directly. Well, through a couple of hoops, but I am not running fetchmail on
> kullervo. I thought that when kullervo returns to NMMN, I would return to
> the old setup, since I do not have a mail server on the NMMN network.

Using a smarthost is the way to go for Elgar. Unfortunately it seems quite difficult an FU Berlin to get a smarthost assigned. I would prefer mailrouting through smarthosts to using fetchmail or such.
Currently I'm running a pptp tunnel on Elgar to make mailrouting work.

--
Ciao...            //      Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo       \X/       http://blog.windfluechter.net

gpg pubkey:  http://www.juergensmann.de/ij_public_key.asc