wanna-build

Hi folks,

Since we last ran buildd machines, much has been changed. One thing
that's changed is the way wanna-build orders packages for build;
in the old days this only looked at previous build state (already-built
packages are built before not-yet-built packages), priorities, section,
and then just ascii ordering; but these days wanna-build also looks at
age (how long has a package been in needs-build), and at a
build-priority which is 0 by default but can be set by using wanna-build
--build-prio=<value> (for a particular version of a package), or
wanna-build --permanent-build-prio=<value> (for all versions of a
package), where positive values increase the priority.

I've been thinking that rather than trying to build everything, we could
prioritize based on what we think would be more useful to build (or
based on feedback from users, what they would want). We could use this
build-priority value to reorder packages in that manner. Thoughts?

Occasionally, you should have a look at
http://buildd.debian-ports.org/stats/ some time. The curve is going
steeply uphill these days, for the first time in a very long time.

Having said that, we could still use some extra buildd hosts;
unfortunately it turned out that arrakis' memory was bad, so that means
we have "only" three active machines right now (elgar, vivaldi, and
ara5, Thorsten's ARAnyM VM). I'm going to look at adding ska, quickstep,
and an ARAnyM VM of my own later today, but for the time being it's just
those three; if anyone is up for reviving some machines, please do!

--
Copyshops should do vouchers. So that next time some bureaucracy requires you
to mail a form in triplicate, you can mail it just once, add a voucher, and