Re: d-i build

Wouter Verhelst dixit:

>I just rebuilt debian-installer, since my previous build was getting fairly
>old. Get it at http://people.debian.org/~wouter/d-i/

Looks more complete than the directory from last time ;-) Great.

I’d say we should also build a “monolith” d-i by default, which
is a d-i comprised of just kernel and a (rather large) initrd
that contains all udebs needed for most normal installations
already, to avoid needing to download udebs from the ’net, since
we have unstable which is a moving target.

I built amd64 and i386 “monolith” images of d-i and threw them
into the netboot menu at work, and have been using them ever
since. No trouble so far, except they may not support all
installation methods, like full-disc encryption. Nevertheless,
really nice to have.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
I want one of these. They cost 720 € though… good they don’t have the HD hole,
which indicates 3½″ floppies with double capacity… still. A tad too much, atm.