Re: SEGV (was Re: Internal compiler error on m68k for gcc-4.6)

On 2012-12-02 16:34, Thorsten Glaser wrote:

The machines are 060s. What does Aranym emulate? 040? 030?
Something in between, I think.

In between? Sounds strange... ;)
http://aranym.org/features.html states that it's emulating an 040. So, it *may* be an 060 issue, perhaps.

Another guess, is there enough RAM?
128M memory and >400M swap.
This is probably not enough real RAM to build GCC without
any major pain. Should be enough for most smaller packages,
but even running apt or dselect will exercise that RAM to
its fullest, considering the sheer amount of Packages we
have nowadays.

Well, gcc-4.3 just built fine with that amount of RAM. Anyway, there's no possibility to extend that. All Amigas are maxed out at 128M. In the past that was never an issue. I built much larger packages that came near to 1 GB of swap usage

root@ara2:~ # cat
/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.debian-ports.org_debian_dists_un*Packages |
grep -c ^Package:
31723

As I said: we need to reduce the number of packages. ;-)

--
Ciao...          //    Fon: 0381-2744150
.     Ingo     \X/     http://blog.windfluechter.net

gpg pubkey: http://www.juergensmann.de/ij_public_key.