Re: [buildd] Action plan to get buildds getting online again

On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 08:02:05PM +0100, Ingo Jürgensmann wrote:
> What I've spotted short before my vacation is that sbuild now
> supports LVM snapshots when building. Is it a good idea to try that
> out?

Ah, I forgot about that one.

Yes, it's absolutely a good idea to use that. The snapshot feature makes
buildd use a clean chroot (built from the same original chroot) for each
and every build, which is thrown away after the build. This means it
doesn't waste time uninstalling packages (dropping an LVM snapshot is so
much faster), and it also can't fuck up a chroot in the case of a broken
package.

--
Copyshops should do vouchers. So that next time some bureaucracy requires you
to mail a form in triplicate, you can mail it just once, add a voucher, and