Re: [buildd] Action plan to get buildds getting online again

On 2012-11-24 13:01, Thorsten Glaser wrote:

That being said, this is what you should do (after gpg-verifying
this message):
somebox$ sudo sh -c 'echo deb http://www.freewrt.org/~tg/dp cross
main >>/etc/apt/sources.list'
	# note I choose the "cross" repo because it does not contain
	# any packages that would replace your normal debian packages
	# during a dist-upgrade, unlike some others of mine
somebox$ sudo apt-get update
somebox$ sudo apt-get install --no-install-recommends wtf-debian-keyring
	# now you can do, for example
somebox$ sudo cowbuilder --create --mirror http://www.freewrt.org/~tg/dp \
    --distribution sid --debootstrap debootstrap \
--debootstrapopts --keyring=/usr/share/keyrings/wtf-debian-keyring.gpg \
    --debootstrapopts --variant=buildd \
    --debootstrapopts
--include=apt,wtf-debian-keyring,debian-ports-archive-keyring
	# or this (even with https); omit "--variant=buildd" to get
	# a regular debian installation
somebox$ sudo debootstrap --variant=buildd \
    --include=apt,wtf-debian-keyring,debian-ports-archive-keyring \
    sid /target http://www.freewrt.org/~tg/dp
	# now go read https://www.freewrt.org/~tg/sources.txt

Uhm, uhm... that seems to apply for cowbuilder setups. So I think we need to omit the cowbuilder line and concentrate on the last line for a buildd/sbuild setup, right?

What I've spotted short before my vacation is that sbuild now supports LVM snapshots when building. Is it a good idea to try that out?

--
Ciao...          //    Fon: 0381-2744150
.     Ingo     \X/     http://blog.windfluechter.net

gpg pubkey: http://www.juergensmann.de/ij_public_key.