Re: [m68k] eglibc expected(?) testsuite results

Finn Thain dixit:

>You want me to hop on the Debian Developer learning curve, set up suitable
>systems and jump through the relevant hoops? I'd prefer to believe that
>you were joking rather than simply unreasonable.

Not necessarily, you should have that already, I can help with that,
in this order.

>Is there finally no Debian Developer with a physical machine on which to
>test a Debian package?

I haven’t heard from the m68k porters since pretty much DebĆevapčićiConf.

>such an individual. I work on upstream code not Debian code.

Right. We need a lot of such people, too.

>BTW, I am not in a position to test any upstream code on physical hardware
>either.

Oh okay, then. Let’s just hope. (Also, the Atari guys from OpenRheinRuhr
promised to be looking into getting a machine with more ST-RAM and stock
(i.e. not a PCI ATI Radeon) graphics up and running, so maybe there will
be another test possibility.

>I've just moved out of the house I was caretaking and all my machines are
>in storage except for this x86 laptop. So right now I have no space or

OK. I know that problem (access to the only hppa machine of whose exi-
stence I know in my surroundings has been cut by that, too). Good luck!

bye,
//mirabilos
--
  “Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like having
          a peeing section in a swimming pool.”