Re: nbd vs. failing HDDs

Jakob Eriksson dixit:

>ATA over Ethernet, AoE, works fine for me, even as a root

Never heard of it… will look up what it is.

Wouter Verhelst dixit:

>On Tue, Sep 06, 2011 at 05:10:45PM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:

>> Wouter, how does nbd perform?
>
>Fairly okay.
[…]
>In my opinion, it's definitely a good idea.

OK, I’m compiling nbd and partman-nbd related packages now.

For cdebconf, we don’t have new enough GTK+2 to be able to
rebuild it *hint hint*, but I think the old version should
work for now.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
22:59⎜<Vutral> glaub ich termkit is kompliziert | glabe nicht das man
damit schneller arbeitet | reizüberflutung │ wie windows │ alles evil