Re: Rebuild d-i? And status update.

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 08:11, Thorsten Glaser <tg@mirbsd.de> wrote:
> Stephen R. Marenka dixit:
>
>>Things have changed a bit since I last built d-i. We start by trying to
>>build dailies. The build-deps to the debian-installer source package
>>should keep us busy enough.
>
> Well, got all of them (cheated a bit for libxpm by using an older one
> that works fine, and m68k-vme-tftplilo and vmelilo FTBFS since the
> headers linux/linkage.h and asm/page.h no longer exist, but there are
> old versions of them in the archive (although without source).

Yeah, I noticed that too while rebuilding m68kboot recently.

That's because they're no longer exported by the kernel for use by the
C library.
I.e. they're missing from /usr/include/.

But they should still be part of the linux-headers package. My amd64 Ubuntu has
them in /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-32-generic/.

Anyway, it's possible m68kboot no longer need anything from those headers
anymore.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds