Re: Debian/m68k kernel status

On Wed, February 2, 2011 2:51 pm, Thorsten Glaser wrote:

> I uploaded 2.6.32-30+m68k.5 to d-p.o unreleased, with a much reduced
> set of patches, since the old ones Stephen committed were removed.
>
> WFM on ARAnyM. However, EtherNEC and FAT patches are missing, beware.
> On the other hand, I resynched those I took with Geertâ??s repo. Also
> there are some new ones, like reserved ST-RAM for framebuffer (works)
> and Al Viroâ??s signal patchset.

I used to take everything sitting in linux-m68k that wasn't already
upstream also, which was admittedly overkill but easy.

> By the way (Stephen, probably): currently, all m68k kernels have
> 	Suggests: linux-doc-2.6.32, vmelilo, fdutils
>
> How about suggesting the correct loader instead (amiboot, emile,
> vmelilo, atari-bootstrap, and what other there are)?

I don't think I ever touched those. We should either suggest them all or
punt the suggestions altogether. I'd favor the latter since you kinda
already have to know what bootloader you're using to get here.

Thanks for all your work!

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>