Re: gcc done, eglibc problem

On Fri, 22 Oct 2010, Thorsten Glaser wrote:

> From an earlier eMail I cannot find right now, when I questioned the
> bootability and usability of the archive once the migration has started,
> I got the answer that the eglibc preinst refuses to let dpkg install it
> if the kernel running is too old. This means that it must know that we
> need a kernel > 2.6.29, because other- wise, the system might Do Bad
> Things™ during an upgrade and fail because it installs a TLS libc on a
> non-TLS-capable system.

You are right that the pre-inst script does have code to help prevent bad
things. I wasn't aware of that, so thank you for bringing it up. However,
it is a separate issue in that it doesn't relate to the m68k.mk changes
that we were discussing (or to the build failure). But we might as well
take advantage of this script before you upload anything, so I'll send a
patch for the script.

Finn