Fwd: newb question : list of elligible computers to debian-68k

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Brian Morris <cymraegish@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 20:18:30 -0700
Subject: Re: newb question : list of elligible computers to debian-68k
To: LilleTomte <lilletomte@gmail.com>

On 10/13/08, LilleTomte <lilletomte@gmail.com> wrote:
> Richard,

> Fortunately, i rescued from the trash a powerbook 520c which happens to
> be listed on the 2.6 kernel page.

Won't work. No FPU, emulation broken.
Unless you want to recompile the whole system.
At least that's what they told me.

And I couldn't get mine to boot the kernel 2.6.18 or any before that.
And those who did get it to work previously (by rebuilding with the special
emulation ) did I read have problems with it going into a coma...

The macs I do have running it are quadra630 and quadra605 (same as performa475).
You need some memory too. To make the installer go OK suggest 32MB minimum.
≈