Re: m68k netinst cd's

Geert, thanks for that hint!  Yes, this did work!  I was able to boot a
2.6 kernel.  Specifially:

a) after decompressing the kernel image, I did get it to boot using
amiboot-5.6.  The kernel booted until it looked for a root (which I did
not give it in this test).

b) The decompressed kernel did not boot with the version of amiboot on
the install CD.

c) The decompressed kernel did not boot with amiboot-5.6 when specifying
the compressed initrd included on the install CD.  Tonight I will try to
boot the decompressed 2.6 kernel with a decompressed initrd.

d) I would suggest that the uncompressed kernel be placed on the CD, or
an AmigaDos native gzip should be included on the CD if not already
there.

e) The amiboot on the install CD may need to be upgraded, or regressed
back to the version 5.6, as the version currently on the CD does not
work.  Is there a hint to make that work that I'm just not getting?

In my tests, I modify the startinstall script to add a -m memfile
option, where my memfile hides the 6M of Zorro II memory on my GVP
memory card.  I assume that I still need to do this with 2.6 kernel. I
will also add a video=clgen: parameter and try booting with my EGS
Spectrum video card.

Thanks,

--Lance