Re: m68k netinst cd's

Hello,

I tried a netinst iso from 9/27/2008 on my Amiga 2000/030 and I was
not successfull on getting the install to work.  Details follow:

a) The version of amiboot provided on the install cd locks up on my
system when attempting to have it load a kernel.  Running it with the
--help option did give help text and a normal exit.  Running with a
kernal gave the sign on line to the screen, but not the resource
information, locked up the system there (mouse no longer responded).
I use amiboot-5.6 to load the kernel currently, and I have to run it
before the EGS Spectrum card drivers are loaded).

b) Attempting to load the kernel with amiboot-5.6 was not successful,
amiboot gave up with a "kernel too large" message.  My A2000 has only
1Meg chip ram, but 16M on the GVP 030 card.  It seems that the kernel
cannot be larger than 1M to boot on an ECS machine (1Meg chip RAM).

c) Icons, as already noted in the original post.

My system:
A2000, GVP 030/16M RAM/SCSI, GVP EGS Spectrum Video Card, GVP 8M RAM
card (6M installed, which is not used by Linux, and removed from the
memory map via a memfile which is presented to amiboot as a boot
option), SCSI hard disk(s) and CD-ROM drive which work under 2.4.30.

--Lance