Re: nfblock vs udev

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 01:44:59PM -0500, Stephen R Marenka wrote:

> It looks like there are no m68k patches in svn or even the 2-extra
> series that used to load those patches. Do I need to duplicate all that?

I have:

/data/svn/kernel/dists/sid/linux-2.6/debian/patches/series/2-extra

There is nothing in trunk, since I usually commit only to sid.
When you want to start 2.6.26 you should add all of Geerts patches from
2.6.26 to a new directory. Sometimes the patches change, so they can not be
applied anymore, or unapplied, breaking everything. Thats why I start with a
new directory for every version. This duplicates many patches, not all
patches change, but when a patch changes and can not be applied anymore, but
is included in the extra series already, it is very difficult to get rid of
it again without getting slapped on the fingers.

Christian