Re: m68k developer meeting in Kiel

On Mon, Jul 07, 2008 at 10:44:09AM +0200, Ingo Juergensmann wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 04, 2008 at 06:30:47PM +0200, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
>
> > > I may be able to get travel reimbursement, in which case I too will be
> > > coming. (Holds breath .... :)
> > So maybe six people are coming. Still not a lot of people and no volunteer
> > for a public talk on friday. Thus I have canceled my sponsoring request with
> > the university, I still don't know how much money we would need. It can not
> > be more than 1000EUR in total, it is not worth to start a big bureaucratic
> > process for that, plus I have just a week before I will travel again...
> > We can still meet here, but I can not promise a free lunch. Maybe if the
> > meeting goes well and next year more people are interested, we can try to
> > look for funding, and start looking for it a little earlier.
>
> Uhm, I'm a little surprised how much you already worked on getting
> sponsorship for that meeting. I assumed something more like an informal
> meeting, something like a barbeque or so with some talking about m68k stuff
> and such...

A BBQ will cost some money, too. And not everybody has a short trip as you,
if we can make it easier for some people and pay for the hostel, it will
make it easier for some people to attend... maybe next time, if people are
still interested and when we have a little more time to prepare this.

> Speaking of m68k stuff... should I bring in some disks for aahz, so that we
> can resurrect it then? ;)

Maybe not a bad idea, I wont have much time for that before the meeting
anyway. I think the disks are still fine, on my last try the installer
kernel did not have the drivers for the network and cdrom, I think. But the
disk in my efika seems to be broken. Our engineer already offered our
electronics lab, if we need to solder something, it should be all available.

Christian