Re: kernel

Roman Zippel wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008, Petr Stehlik wrote:

You obviously never tried to explain somebody how to copy data onto the ARAnyM
disk from host side, otherwise you'd find it useful.

You obviously have never tried this under Linux... :-(

that's what I am saying repeatedly. I failed patching a kernel with your patches and has been waiting patiently since then for somebody uploading a working binary.

I'll promise to return to this thread once I give it a try. But I see no reason why it should be working differently than under EmuTOS/FreeMiNT.

Let's finish this thread here. And thanks for your opinion, it will be
considered eventually.

If you insist on this, I'll then consider only exporting IDE devices via nfblock.

that would seriously hurt the whole idea.

If I managed to come up with a switch for enabling/disabling the simulated MBR/PTBL that would not confuse users to death then I'd add it for your pleasure but so far I don't know how to do it properly. Ideally it would require renaming the whole configuration option from [PARTITION] to something else but I am lazy^H^H^H^Hreluctant to do that.

Petr